Plot & Details
Filmed on location, Lisbon was the second directorial endeavor of actor Ray Milland. The story revolves around a Portugal-based American smuggler, Capt. Robert John Evans (Milland). Hired by attractive Sylvia Merrill (Maureen O'Hara), Evans agrees to sneak behind the Iron Curtain to locate Sylvia's husband Lloyd Merrill (Percy Marmont). It is understood that Evans is to bring Merrill back dead so that Sylvia can collect her husband's vast fortune, but the tables are turned on Sylvia and her wily co-conspirator, Aristide Mavros (Claude Rains). Put simply, the film is Casablanca and To Have and Have Not in reverse. Other participants in the film's various and sundry intrigues are Francis Lederer as the last-reel dispenser of justice, and Yvonne Furneaux as Rains' buxom mistress.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Action,Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/01/1991
- Distributor(s): No Studio
- Director(s): Ray Milland
- Starring: Ray Milland , Maureen O'Hara , Claude Rains , Yvonne Furneaux , Francis Lederer
- Keywords: Communism, criminal, mercenary, prison, rescue, robbery, espionage, sea-captain