Plot & Details
A girl puts her ability to keep a confidence to work, though she soon learns it's a tougher job than she imagined in this comedy drama for young people. Emily (Evan Rachel Wood) is a 14-year-old girl who loves music and is studying the violin. She has a real gift as a violinist, and has passed up the opportunity to go to summer camp with her friends to study with her tutor, Pauline (Vivica A. Fox), who believes Emily has a chance of landing a spot in the community symphony orchestra. Emily also has an unusual business on the side -- for 50 cents, she'll hear and keep other kids' secrets, and offer advice on how to keep incriminating facts away from parents, teachers, or other authority figures. However, she also has a secret of her own -- a new family has moved into the neighborhood, and while Philip (Michael Angarano), a year or two younger than Emily, quickly takes a liking to her, she immediately develops a crush on his older brother, David (David Gallagher). However, David has a habit of getting into trouble, and soon Emily is keeping some secrets she's prefer to get off her chest.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 96min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/23/2002
- DVD Release Date: 02/04/2003
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Blair Treu
- Starring: Evan Rachel Wood , Michael Angarano , David Gallagher , Vivica A. Fox
- Themes: First Love,Crisis of Conscience
- Tone: Bright,Light,Merry,Sweet
- Keywords: brother, crush, orchestra, secrets, summer-camp, symphony, tutor, violinist
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-23-2002)
- Language: English