Plot & Details
Following up his debut, Johnny Suede, director Tom DiCillo presented this filmmaking comedy that allegedly draws much from DiCillo's experiences on the set of the 1991 Brad Pitt vehicle. Steve Buscemi stars as Nick Reve, the long-suffering director of a no-budget independent film. If he's not dealing with his heartbroken director of photography Wolf (Dermot Mulroney), Reve is trying to keep his leading lady Nicole (DiCillo mainstay Catherine Keener) happy or ignore the pseudo-auteur suggestions of Pitt-inspired name-actor Chad Palomino (James LeGros). All the while, the audience can't ever be sure if the scene they're watching is a dream or reality.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/14/1995
- DVD Release Date: 02/11/2003
- Director(s): Tom DiCillo
- Starring: Steve Buscemi , Catherine Keener , Dermot Mulroney , Danielle von Zerneck , James LeGros
- Themes: Nothing Goes Right,Actor's Life,Filmmaking
- Tone: Deadpan,Satirical,Biting,Witty,Irreverent,Quirky,Humorous
- Keywords: actor,behind-the-scenes,dream,ego,film-director,filmmaker,mistake,narcissist
- Language: English