Plot & Details
This farcical send-up of the movie business borrows a plot from the classic 1968 Mel Brooks film The Producers. It stars Tony Curtis as J.P. Sheldrake, a movie producer sorely in need of a flop for tax purposes. Imagine his delight when a very young would-be filmmaker shows up on his doorstep with what could be the worst B-movie ever made, Lobster Man From Mars. In the story-within-a-story, a Martian lobster-man who has come to earth to steal some badly needed air for his home planet grows increasingly addicted to munching on humans. He is pursued by an addlepated professor (Patrick Macnee) a couple of all-American teens, and a trigger-happy military man. The movie looks guaranteed to be a flop, but of course it foils Sheldrake's plan by becoming a huge success.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Horror,Foreign
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/28/1990
- DVD Release Date: 01/20/2004
- Director(s): Stanley Sheff
- Starring: Tony Curtis , Deborah Foreman , Patrick Macnee , Billy Barty , Anthony Hickox
- Themes: Filmmaking,Schemes and Ruses
- Tone: Goofy,Humorous,Silly,Wry
- Keywords: behind-the-scenes,con/scam,film-producer,filmmaker,monster,tax-shelter
- Language: English