Plot & Details
Sylvester Stallone is a tough but essentially decent convict in a relatively humane prison. He's on such good terms with the authorities that he's occasionally allowed a weekend furlough. This idyllic situation ends abruptly when he's transferred to a nasty prison run by sadistic warden Donald Sutherland (remember way back when Sutherland played good guys and Stallone played secondary hoodlums?) Harboring a grudge against Sly over an unfortunate incident at another prison, Sutherland does everything he can to make Stallone's term a Hell on Earth. But in the end, it is Sutherland who is Stallone's prisoner--and, since Sly's name comes first on the credits, it is Sutherland who blubberingly confesses to a string of crimes perpetrated on the helpless inmates.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 115min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/04/1989
- DVD Release Date: 06/23/1998
- Distributor(s): TriStar Pictures
- Director(s): John Flynn
- Starring: Sylvester Stallone , Donald Sutherland , John Amos , Sonny Landham , Tom Sizemore
- Themes: Down on Their Luck
- Tone: Claustrophobic,Forceful,Gritty,Tense
- Keywords: assault, grudge, inmate, prison, revenge, sentence [penal system], warden
- Country of Origin: USA (08-04-1989)
- Language: English