Plot & Details
Tim Kirkman wrote and directed Loggerheads, a film that follows three different storylines that all transpire over the course of a Mother's Day weekend, but take place at different times. One of the stories features a man who arrives in a coastal North Carolina town in order to preserve turtles that are endangered. He becomes involved with a local businessman and must decide where he feels in his heart that he belongs. A second story concerns a woman who begins to feel her small-town changing in ways that frighten her. She must face these changing social realities while constantly listening to the speeches of her minister husband. The third storyline involves a woman who intends to spend the weekend celebrating the holiday with her own mother while also attempting to make contact with the child she gave up for adoption years before. Loggerheads was a selection at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/14/2005
- DVD Release Date: 03/21/2006
- Distributor(s): Strand
- Director(s): Tim Kirkman
- Starring: Bonnie Hunt , Kip Pardue , Tess Harper , Chris Sarandon , Michael Learned
- Themes: Obsessive Quests,Haunted By the Past,Journey of Self-Discovery,Mothers and Sons,Adoption
- Tone: Deliberate,Intimate,Melancholy,Reflective,Understated
- Keywords: adoption,coast,connection,conservative,crossroads,drifter,endangered-species,minister,mother,pilgrimage,search,small-town
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-14-2005)
- Language: English