Plot & Details
A mother and daughter find themselves dealing with surprisingly similar romantic difficulties in this light-hearted French comedy. Lola (Christa Theret) is a pretty fourteen-year-old girl living with her mother Anne (Sophie Marceau), who is divorced from Alain (Alexandre Astier), Lola's dad. Young Lola has been taking her first steps into teenage romance, and has been dating a boy from her class named Arthur (Felix Moati), but when she decides to break things off with him, the situation becomes tense after Lola starts seeing his close friend Mael (Jeremy Kapone). Meanwhile, as a typical child of divorce Lola likes to play her mother and father against each other for her own advantage, but what she doesn't know is that Anne and Alain have begun dating again on the sly. Written and directed by Lisa Azuelos, Lol features music from Supergrass, Blur, Keane and Junesex.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 107min.
- Distributor(s): Pathé Distribution, Path? Distribution
- Director(s): Lisa Azuelos
- Starring: Sophie Marceau , Christa Theret , Alexandre Astier , Marion Chabassol , Jeremy Kapone
- Themes: Mind Games,Single Parents,Mothers and Daughters
- Tone: Light
- Keywords: teenagers
- Country of Origin: France (02-04-2009)
- Language: English,French