Two guys with different sets of problems find themselves bonding through unexpected circumstances in this independent comedy drama from writer and director Edward Burns. Jack Stanton (Edward Burns) is a former New York City cop who has been trying to establish a new career as a private detective, though his level of success is best indicated by the fact his landlord is about to evict him for not paying the rent. Jack finally lands a paying client when he's referred to Abe Fiannico (David Krumholtz), a high-school baseball coach whose wife, Kitty, has disappeared. The only clue Abe has to her whereabouts is a recent newspaper photo that shows a washed-up rock star hanging out with several women, one of whom is a dead ringer for Kitty. Jack sets out to scour the Big Apple in search of Kitty, and Abe tags along; a friendship grows between the two men, and Jack begins to wonder why regular-guy Abe ever got mixed up with a woman who doesn't seem to have much use for him. Also featuring Rachel Dratch and Chris Parnell, Looking for Kitty premiered at the 2004 Tribeca Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/01/2006
- DVD Release Date: 10/24/2006
- Distributor(s): ThinkFilm
- Themes: Breakups and Divorces,Haunted By the Past,All Washed Up,Existential Crisis,Private Eyes,Unlikely Friendships
- Tone: Bittersweet,Drab,Easygoing,Intimate,Reflective
basketball, bonding [relationship], police-officer, private-detective, rock-star
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-25-2006)
- Language: English