Plot & Details
Two years after winning the Special Jury Prize for Kanal at the 1957 Cannes Film Festival, renowned Polish director Andrzej Wajda directed this allegorical World War II drama. The film follows the winding paths of Lotna, a snow-white mare, as she wanders through Poland during it's fight against the Nazis in 1939. As the poorly-equipped Poles wage an ill-fated struggle against the militarily superior German forces, Lotna is passed along to a series of soldiers as each is mortally wounded in battle. Written by Wajda and Wojciech Zukrowski, Lotna stars Jerzy Pichelski, Adam Pawlikowski, and Jerzy Moes.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama,War
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/22/2008
- DVD Release Date: 10/31/2006
- Distributor(s): Film Polski
- Director(s): Andrzej Wajda
- Themes: Military Life
- Tone: Atmospheric,Enigmatic,Stylized,Sweeping
- Keywords: Nazism, Polish [nationality], captain [military], cavalry, couple, death, infantry, landowner, lieutenant, love, major, marriage, officer, retreat [sanctuary], schoolteacher, sergeant, soldier, struggle, tree, village, animal