Plot & Details
An 11 year old girl from a broken home strikes up an unexpected friendship with her Alzheimic grandfather in this earnest family drama starring John Hurt. When Lou's father walked out on his wife and three daughters, the sensitive young girl withdrew from the world. Convinced that her mother was to blame for driving her father away, Lou (Lily Bell-Tindley) constructed an impenetrable emotional wall and vowed never to let anyone in. Just then, Lou's mother announces that her estranged father Doyle (Hurt) has been stricken with Alzheimer's disease, and is coming to stay with the family. When Doyle absentmindedly begins mistaking Lou for his late, beloved wife, the damaged girl senses an opportunity to use her grandfather as a tool to strike back against her mother. But the more time Lou spends with Doyle, the more her vindictive impulses dissolve into genuine affection and concern for her forgetful grandfather. In time, Lou discovers the incredible healing power of love in the last place she ever expected to.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 86min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/19/2011
- Director(s): Belinda Chayko
- Starring: John Hurt , Emily Barclay , Lily Bell-Tindley , Charlie-Rose MacLennan , Eloise MacLennan
- Themes: Mental Illness,Golden Years,Mistaken Identities
- Tone: Compassionate,Earnest,Sentimental
- Keywords: Alzheimer's-Disease,grandfather
- Language: English