Plot & Details
Jon Favreau and Famke Janssen star in this slick indie film about love, romance, and jealousy. Kate (Janssen) almost gets fired from her posh magazine job when she submits an overly graphic, overly personal article on oral sex. As she rewrites her piece, she reminisces on her past flames, particularly on her most serious relationship -- with Adam (Favreau), a fast-talking, very neurotic painter. The film traces their romance from their initial heady meeting, to moving in together, to an unexpected pregnancy, and the inevitable breakup because Adam felt trapped. Devastated by Adam's sudden defection, Kate goes on a dating spree and manages to drive him crazy by going out with handsome yet shallow video star Joey Santino (Josh Hopkins). Meanwhile, Adam grows increasingly obsessed with Kate's private life. This film was screened at the 2000 Sundance Film Festival.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 80min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/25/2000
- DVD Release Date: 01/30/2001
- Distributor(s): Lions Gate Entertainment
- Director(s): Valerie Breiman
- Starring: Famke Janssen , Jon Favreau , Noah Emmerich , Ann Magnuson , Cheri Oteri
- Themes: Opposites Attract
- Tone: Quirky,Sexy,Irreverent,Slick,Stylish
- Keywords: dating, jealousy, love, magazine, relationship, romance
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-25-2000)
- Language: English