Plot & Details
Made for television, Love Among the Ruins was a precious one-time-only collaboration between stars Katharine Hepburn and Laurence Oliver, and director George Cukor. The scene is Victorian London, where wealthy widow Hepburn is being sued for breach of promise by her much-younger ex-fiance. Olivier is the highly respected barrister engaged to defend Hepburn in court. The usually reserved Olivier relishes the opportunity to see Hepburn, who 40 years earlier had been his lover. He is driven to hilarious distraction by Hepburn's adamant insistence that she has never seen him before in her life! Written by Emmy-winning TV veteran James Costigan, Love Among the Ruins was first telecast March 6, 1975.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/07/2003
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): George Cukor
- Themes: Age Disparity Romance,Lawyers,Lovers Reunited,Golden Years
- Tone: Affectionate,Atmospheric,Heartwarming,Passionate,Witty
- Keywords: actor,breach-of-promise,gigolo,lawyer,love,trial [courtroom]
- Language: English