Plot & Details
The sophomore outing for writer/director/actress Troy Beyer, Love Don't Cost a Thing is a romantic teen comedy based on the screenplay for the 1987 Partick Dempsey film Can't Buy Me Love. Nick Cannon stars as Alvin, a brilliant but awkward teenager -- and budding engineer -- who seizes a golden opportunity when popular cheerleader Paris (Christina Milian) wrecks her parents' SUV and is strapped for cash. They strike an agreement: Alvin will do the repairs for free if Paris pretend to be his girlfriend for two weeks, all in the hopes of elevating his social standing. Little does he know, being popular isn't all its cracked up to be. Kal Penn and Steve Harvey co-star.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/12/2003
- DVD Release Date: 04/27/2004
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): Troy Beyer
- Starring: Nick Cannon , Christina Milian , Kenan Thompson , Kal Penn , Steve Harvey
- Themes: Class Differences,Pygmalion Stories,High School Life,Opposites Attract,Unrequited Love,Social Climbing,Schemes and Ruses
- Tone: Bright,Easygoing,Light,Satirical,Wistful
- Keywords: car-mechanic,friendship,high-school,nerd,popularity
- Country of Origin: USA (12-12-2003)
- Language: English