Plot & Details
During the French Resistance, Lucie, a courageous wife, struggles to save her husband, Raymond Samuel, from a firing squad. He was arrested after blowing up a train during the war. Lucie is also a freedom fighter who goes by the moniker of Aubrac. She helps free Raymond by directly threatening a prosecutor. After his release, Raymond is given a new identity and sent to continue the fight in the North. Unfortunately, he is again arrested. This time he is given the death penalty. While he awaits his sentence in jail, Lucie tries to trick the Gestapo into giving other Resistance members the chance to save Raymond.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 116min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/17/1999
- Distributor(s): USA
- Director(s): Claude Berri
- Starring: Carole Bouquet , Daniel Auteuil , Jean-Roger Milo , Patrice Chéreau
- Themes: Women During Wartime,Life Under Occupation
- Tone: Atmospheric,Gritty,Melancholy,Poignant
- Keywords: French [nationality], Gestapo, firing-squad, freedom-fighter, identity-switch, resistance, wife
- Country of Origin: France (02-26-1997),USA (08-27-1999)
- Language: French