Plot & Details
Mackenna's Gold is a colorful, action-packed western feature with an all-star cast. Mackenna (Gregory Peck) has committed to memory the map that leads to some hidden Apache gold. The Indians now want the gold to finance their fight against the white men who invade their territory. Mexican bandit Colorado (Omar Sharif) wants the gold for himself, and the local preacher (Raymond Massey) and the editor of the newspaper (Lee J. Cobb) also get gold fever. Burgess Meredith plays the storekeeper and Edward G. Robinson is long-time town resident Old Adams. Everyone goes looking for the hidden treasure as the Indians dwindle their numbers with violent attacks. The search is monitored by U.S. calvary Sergeant Tibbs (Telly Savalas). Colorado captures Mackenna to lead him to the gold as death comes to those who show the most avarice. Music is provided by Quincy Jones.
- Genre(s): Westerns
- Run Time: 128min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/11/2000
- Director(s): J. Lee Thompson
- Starring: Gregory Peck , Omar Sharif , Telly Savalas , Julie Newmar , Camilla Sparv
- Themes: Obsessive Quests,Sheriffs and Outlaws,Treasure Hunts
- Tone: Atmospheric,Gritty,Tense
- Keywords: Native-American, avalanche, conflict, double-cross, earthquake, gold, map, sheriff, target [object of attack], rival, treasure
- Language: English