Plot & Details
Hopelessly stranded on the remote shores of Madagascar, the New Yorkers hatch a plan to get back to Central Park that instead finds them soaking up sun in the picturesque plains of Africa. Madagascar may be a nice place to visit, but for the gang of animals who spent most of their lives in New York, there is truly no place like home. After discovering the remnants of a crashed airplane, the penguins quickly set about making the repairs needed to get the craft airborne again. When the plane finally takes to the sky, it begins to look like it's only a matter of time before Alex the Lion (voice of Ben Stiller) and friends are soaring over New York Harbor. Unfortunately the penguins weren't the aviation experts they claimed to be, and before long the crew is coming in for a crash-landing in the untamed plains of Africa. Now, as the animals reared in the safety of the zoo come into contact with their decidedly wild counterparts for the very first time, they get a better feel for their roots while marveling over the differences between life in the concrete jungle and life on the world's second largest continent. Of course, while there's plenty to love about wandering the open plains, romantic rivalries and the risk of running into dangerous poachers soon begin to outweigh the joys of some long-overdue family reunions. With some particularly heavy cases of homesickness causing hearts to weigh heavy, the group gradually starts to wonder whether they'll ever find their way back home. Chris Rock, David Schwimmer, Jada Pinkett Smith, Sacha Baron Cohen, Cedric the Entertainer, and Andy Richter lend their voices to this animated sequel that re-teams original Madagascar co-directors Eric Darnell and Tom McGrath.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Animation,Comedy
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/07/2008
- DVD Release Date: 02/06/2009
- Distributor(s): Dream Works
- Director(s): Eric Darnell, Tom McGrath
- Starring: Ben Stiller , Chris Rock , David Schwimmer , Jada Pinkett Smith , Sacha Baron Cohen
- Themes: Fish Out of Water,Stranded,Faltering Friendships,Fathers and Sons
- Tone: Bright,Madcap,Silly
- Keywords: Africa,animal,father,hippo,lemur,lion,penguin,son,zebra
- Country of Origin: USA (11-07-2008),USA - IMAX (11-07-2008)
- Language: English