Plot & Details
Following a brief expatriation to America, a Hungarian teen returns to his homeland and establishes himself as a white-hot rock star, in this biopic of Eastern European pop idol Miklos "Miki" Fenyo. The drama opens in the spring of 1963, with the Fenyo family preparing for a return to Budapest after nearly a half-decade away. Caught up in the throes of adolescence and obsessed with American pop culture, singer-guitarist Miki dreams of establishing himself as the Jerry Lee Lewis of Hungary. Yet complications best the family upon its return to Budapest: without a job, Mr. Fenyo draws the suspicion of various extremist political elements (and begins to lose his once-stellar reputation), while Miki's onetime friends treat him as an outcast and his old girlfriend, Vera (Tunde Kiss) reveals that she has a new beau. Never one to be daunted, Miki enters a talent competition and vows to restore his father's reputation, win back his love, and regain the respect of his friends, while establishing his own professional identity as a recording star.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Family,Musicals
- Run Time: 105min.
- Director(s): Gergely Fonyo
- Starring: Tamás Szabó Kimmel , Tünde Kiss , Éva Vándor , Tamas Dunai , Peter Scherer
- Themes: Musician's Life,Misfits and Outsiders,Coming Home
- Tone: Bright,Slick,Upbeat
- Keywords: pop-rock, revolution, rock-music, singer
- Country of Origin: Hungary (02-12-2009)
- Language: Hungarian