Plot & Details
Set in beautiful British Columbia, Canada, this magical family tale centers on a divorced radio talk show psychiatrist who has been so immersed in his career that he has neglected his two kids, Ashley and Josh. To rectify the situation, he takes them to a beautiful lakeside cabin in Glenorky, BC, the supposed home of a giant mythological reptilian monster. Though he has ostensibly come to spend time with the kids, the lure of working on his book is too strong and soon he is locked away in the cabin amidst papers, a cellular phone and a lap-top, busily clacking away while the children head out to explore. It is Ashley who first sees the mythical monster. She tells her dad, and of course, he initially disbelieves her, but the girl seems so earnest that he begins to wonder. His investigation of the matter leads him down a magical road to reconciliation with his children and the rediscovery that there is a wonderful life outside of his career. He even manages to find a little love along the way. This film is also known as Glenorky.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama,Family
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/20/1995
- DVD Release Date: 01/04/2005
- Distributor(s): TriStar Pictures, Triumph Films
- Director(s): Rick Stevenson
- Starring: Mark Harmon , Joshua Jackson , Harley Jane Kozak
- Themes: Parenthood,Redemption,Mythical Creatures
- Tone: Fanciful,Heartwarming
- Keywords: cabin,monster,myth,radio-personality,single-parent,talk-show,workaholic
- Language: English