Plot & Details
Two legendary Austrians come face to face under less than ideal circumstances in this comedy-drama from the father and son directing team of Percy Adlon and Felix Adlon. Gustav Mahler (Johannes Silberschneider) is one of Europe's best-respected composers and he's married to Alma (Barbara Romaner), a woman who is beautiful, talented and intelligent. However, Mahler is not a happy man; his work has not been progressing well, and his marriage is in sad shape, in part because Alma is having an affair with another man. Headstrong Alma is twenty years younger than Mahler, and when he has trouble finding time for her, she retreats to the arms of Walter Gropius (Friedrich Mucke), a handsome and well-regarded architect. Sinking into a depression, Mahler decides he needs some help sorting out his problems, so he starts seeing a therapist. And who better to turn to than Sigmund Freud (Karl Markovics), the father of modern psychoanalysis, who is willing to meet with the composer at his new office in Amsterdam? Mahler aur der Couch (aka Mahler On The Couch) received its American premiere are the 2010 Los Angeles Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 98min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/18/2012
- Distributor(s): The National Center for Jewish Film
- Director(s): Percy Adlon, Felix Adlon
- Starring: Barbara Romaner , Johannes Silberschneider , Karl Markovics , Friedrich Mucke , Eva Mattes
- Themes: Bohemian Life,Infidelity,Doctors and Patients,Musician's Life
- Tone: Bittersweet,Literate,Witty,Clever
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (05-18-2012)
- Language: German