Plot & Details
Directed by Berry Gordy, Jr. as a vehicle for his star Diana Ross, Mahogany traces the life of a poor girl who makes it in the fashion world (first as a model, then designer) and deserts her boyfriend (Billy Dee Williams) in the meantime, hooking up instead with a photographer (Anthony Perkins). The song "Do You Know When You're Going To" (Gerry Goffin/Michael Masser) was Oscar-nominated.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 109min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/01/2001
- DVD Release Date: 11/08/2005
- Director(s): Berry Gordy, Jr.
- Starring: Diana Ross , Billy Dee Williams , Jean-Pierre Aumont , Beah Richards , Nina Foch
- Themes: Dangerous Attraction,Rags To Riches,Ladder to the Top,Fashion World,Social Climbing
- Tone: Campy,Lavish,Melancholy,Sentimental,Elegant,Decadent
- Keywords: Black [race], boyfriend, fame, fashion-designer, glamour, modeling, poverty, romance, success, career, cross-cultural-relations, fashion-model, stars [celebrities]
- Language: English