Plot & Details
Richard Harris is not who we've always envisioned as George Simenon's workaday French police Inspector Maigret (especially with that Irish brogue!) but one tends to overlook this odd bit of casting as the story rolls on. The usually businesslike Maigret has trouble maintaining his objectivity when a close friend is murdered. The suspect is American business mogul Patrick O'Neal, as cagey a customer as Maigret. Their guarded Columbo-style byplay is the heart of this British TV movie. Maigret was the latest in a long line of attempts to launch an internationally produced TV series based on the Simenon character.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 100min.
- Director(s): Paul Lynch
- Starring: Richard Harris , Victoria Tennant , Patrick O'Neal
- Themes: Murder Investigations
- Tone: Atmospheric,Talky,Tense
- Keywords: American [nationality],Parisian,industrialist,investigation,murder,police-inspector
- Language: English