Plot & Details
Man in the Shadow is a better-than-usual Albert Zugsmith production starring Jeff Chandler as the newly appointed lawman in a corrupt southwestern town. A Mexican laborer has been murdered, a crime which powerful land baron Orson Welles wants the sheriff to ignore. Chandler bucks Welles' wishes and investigates the killing, with the trail of evidence leading inexorably to Welles...but what's the motive? Man in the Shadow is unimportant enough on its own, but the fact that it was produced at all would have a far-reaching effect on cinematic history. It was during shooting of this western that producer Albert Zugsmith and actor Orson Welles agreed to collaborate on the Welles-directed masterpiece Touch of Evil (58).
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Westerns
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/08/2004
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): Jack Arnold
- Starring: Jeff Chandler , Orson Welles , Colleen Miller , Ben Alexander , Barbara Lawrence
- Themes: Murder Investigations
- Tone: Gritty,Tense
- Keywords: Southwest,investigation,laborer,murder,pressure,ranch,sheriff,small-town