Plot & Details
In this melodramatic story, a college professor and his family experience trauma and tears when the professor discovers that his one-time lover in France has recently died and left a son behind -- his son. When the young boy shows up on the doorstep because the shocked father can only do what is right and offer him a home, the professor (Martin Sheen), his wife (Blythe Danner), and their children -- as well as the boy -- face new issues in a crisis that threatens the once-cohesive family. Both Sheen and Danner carry their roles beyond the sappy limitations of the script, but neither can change an unsatisfactory ending meant only to bring out another handkerchief.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 99min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/01/2008
- Director(s): Dick Richards, Dick Richards
- Starring: Martin Sheen , Blythe Danner , Sebastian Dungan , Arlene McIntyre , Missy Francis
- Themes: Orphans
- Tone: Sentimental,Tearjerking,Warm
- Keywords: death, extramarital-affair, news, professor, surprise, family, illegitimacy, paternity