Plot & Details
Sisters Gabrielle C. and Maria Burton direct the independent comedy Manna From Heaven, written by their mother, Gabrielle B. Burton, and produced by their siblings at Five Sisters Productions. In Buffalo, NY, during the '50s, the wind blows in cash money to the tune of 20 thousand dollars. Believing it was a tangible gift from God, Sister Teresa (Ursula Burton) tries to gather up the money and pay it back 30 years later. However, her family members don't want to give up their free money and can't even get along, including card dealer Inez (Wendie Malick) and con artists Bunny (Shirley Jones) and Ed Burns (Frank Gorshin, in his final film role). Also starring Seymour Cassel, Shelley Duvall, Cloris Leachman, Harry Groener, Faye Grant, Jill Eikenberry and Louise Fletcher.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 119min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/18/2002
- DVD Release Date: 07/12/2005
- Distributor(s): Five Sisters Productions
- Director(s): Gabrielle C. Burton, Maria Burton
- Starring: Maria Burton , Ursula Burton , Seymour Cassel , Shelley Duvall , Jill Eikenberry
- Themes: Members of the Clergy,Cons and Scams,Eccentric Families
- Tone: Affectionate,Easygoing,Gentle,Heartwarming,Light,Quirky,Sweet
- Keywords: God,nun,windfall [monetary]
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-04-2003)
- Language: English