Plot & Details
A hired killer makes the mistake of falling for her quarry in this stylish thriller from Spanish writer and director Isabel Coixet. Ryu (Rinko Kikuchi) is a beautiful woman who works in a fish market in Tokyo, but she also leads a secret life as a professional assassin who performs hits for high-paying clients. Ryu is approached by Ishida, an assistant to powerful businessman Mr. Nagara (Takeo Nakahara). Nagara's daughter Midori took her own life after a bad breakup with David (Sergi Lopez), a wine dealer from Spain, and Nagara believes David is responsible; Ishida, who loved Midori from afar, wants David to pay with his life. Ryu approaches David at his shop prepared to kill him, but she's immediately taken with his good looks and charm, and the two spend the night together. Ryu doesn't think she can murder David and tries to call off her assignment, but this turns out to be more difficult than she imagined. Map Of The Sounds Of Tokyo was an official selection at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 109min.
- Director(s): Isabel Coixet
- Starring: Rinko Kikuchi , Sergi López , Takeo Nakahara , Manabu Oshio , Hideo Sakaki
- Themes: Hired Killers
- Keywords: break-up [romantic], businessperson, hired-gun [hit man], love
- Country of Origin: Spain (08-28-2009)
- Language: English,Japanese,Spanish