Plot & Details
In Marked for Death, Steven Seagal is told to "try to find the gentle person inside yourself." But he doesn't spend too much time looking, preferring instead to crack the spines of his victims. Seagal plays John Hatcher, a burned-out narcotics agent who resigns from the Drug Enforcement Administration after his partner is killed. He returns to his hometown and finds the city in the thrall of a vicious Jamaican drug gang, led by the nasty Screwface (Basil Wallace). He meets an old friend, now a high school football coach, who tells John about losing his best player and his 13-year-old nephew to drug overdoses. Soon John's family is threatened and his prize Mustang stolen, so John joins forces with his buddy to take on Screwface and the drug gang themselves.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/05/1990
- DVD Release Date: 11/03/1998
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): Dwight H. Little
- Starring: Steven Seagal , Basil Wallace , Keith David , Tom Wright , Joanna Pacula
- Themes: Drug Trade,Rogue Cops
- Tone: Angry,Rousing,Tense,Visceral
- Keywords: drugs, family, gangster, killing, neighborhood, prostitute/prostitution, retirement, suburbs, DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency), Jamaican [nationality], POW/MIA, against-all-odds, agent [representative], bad-guy, drug-dealer, good-guy, good-vs-evil, one-against-odds, revenge
- Country of Origin: USA (10-05-1990)
- Language: English