Plot & Details
Director Pascal Lauguier follows his 2004 thriller House of Voices with this relentlessly brutal tale of a girl who suffered unimaginable abuse as a young child, and the unspeakable horrors that unfold when she arrives at an isolated cabin in the woods fifteen years later. The story begins as the young, badly battered Lucie (Mylène Jampanoï) -- obviously the victim of inhuman abuse -- is hospitalized after somehow managing to escape her sadistic captors. Nearly catatonic after her life-altering ordeal, Lucie only manages to become functional again as a result of her friendship with Anna (Morjana Alaoui), a fellow abuse victim who selflessly reaches out to the badly damaged girl. Fifteen years later, Lucie guns down an entire family in cold blood. Is Lucie seeking belated vengeance against the people who tortured her as a young girl, or has her fragile psyche finally snapped, resulting in the bloody demise of an innocent family? Later, when Lucie calls on her old friend Anna, the truth about Lucie's traumatic early life experience slowly comes into focus.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 97min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/02/2009
- DVD Release Date: 04/28/2009
- Director(s): Pascal Laugier
- Starring: Morjana Alaoui , Mylene Jampanoi , Catherine Begin , Robert Toupin , Patricia Tulasne
- Themes: Secret Organizations,Trapped or Confined,Out For Revenge
- Tone: Confrontational,Disturbing,Harsh,Gruesome
- Keywords: cruelty,girl,martyrdom,revenge,suffering,torture
- Country of Origin: France (09-03-2008)
- Language: French