Plot & Details
A young social outcast goes to great measures to find the perfect friend in this debut horror feature from director Lucky McKee. Set apart from her peers as a child due to her lazy eye, May's only friend and confidant was a delicate doll encased in glass. Though as a young adult May has learned to control her lazy eye with glasses and contacts, her introverted tendencies always seem to hinder her search for the perfect friend. Walking down the street one day, May happens across a young man tenderly caressing the damage of a wrecked car and falls in love with his seemingly perfect hands. As May and Adam (Jeremy Sisto) begin to spend more time together, the quirky couple seem to have much in common, and May believes that she might have finally happened across the perfect boy. Her deep-rooted psychological problems slowly surface, however, and Adam is gradually driven away, leaving the vulnerable May in the company of amorous co-worker Polly (Anna Faris). It soon becomes obvious to May that, though various acquaintances seem to have perfect traits, they never add up to a perfect whole -- leading the creative and demented young girl to her own unique method of creating the perfect friend.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror
- Run Time: 94min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/07/2003
- DVD Release Date: 07/15/2003
- Distributor(s): Lions Gate Films
- Director(s): Lucky McKee
- Starring: Angela Bettis , Jeremy Sisto , Anna Faris , James Duval , Nichole M. Hiltz
- Themes: Serial Killers,Dangerous Attraction
- Tone: Campy,Eerie,Goth,Gruesome,Creepy,Quirky
- Keywords: blindness [physical],boy,co-worker,doll,eye,girl,introvert,lesbianism,mechanic,outcast,volunteer
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (06-06-2003)
- Language: English