Plot & Details
The 1988 TV movie Maybe Baby stars Jane Curtin as Julia, a 39-year-old career woman, married to upwardly mobile 57-year-old Hal (Dabney Coleman). Julia and Hal had originally agreed not to have children, but after heeding the tick-tock of her biological clock, Julia has changed her mind. At first resistant to the concept of parenthood, Hal goes along with his wife's new agenda, confident that at her age the chances of pregnancy are slim. But Julia does get pregnant--and suddenly begins to harbor second thoughts. Maybe Baby ends with Julia settling upon her third thoughts, and deciding to shoulder the burdens of late motherhood.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/04/2002
- Director(s): Tom Moore
- Starring: Kevin Bacon , Jane Curtin , Robert De Niro , Dabney Coleman , Dustin Hoffman
- Themes: Parenthood,Foibles of Marriage,Expecting a Baby
- Tone: Gentle,Humorous,Warm,Wry
- Keywords: biological-clock, career, husband-and-wife, pregnancy
- Language: English