Plot & Details
Making optimum use of its limited budget, this intense, claustrophobic sci-fi/horror film involves the bizarre results of genetic experiments performed by Dr. Foster (George Gerard) for the head of the sinister Talos Corporation. When bitten by the spawn of one of the alien spores contained in the lab, Foster undergoes a horrific transformation and begins stalking anyone unfortunate enough to stray into the facility. This includes the daughter of the creature's first victim (Tara Leigh) and a hitman (Tony Gigante) hired by sleazy Talos director Dr. Viallini (Marcus Powell) to murder anyone privy to the project or its lethal outcome. Ultimately, the survivors must square off against the ever-mutating Foster/thing before it becomes unstoppable. Well-written and sporting some spectacular (and gross) monster effects, this ambitious effort began as a belated sequel to the shoestring cult classic The Deadly Spawn (aka Return of the Aliens).
- Genre(s): Drama,Horror,Science Fiction,Thriller
- Run Time: 96min.
- DVD Release Date: 10/14/2003
- Director(s): Glenn Takakjian
- Starring: Tara Leigh , Tony Gigante , Dianna-Jean Flaherty , Katherine Romaine , Marcus Powell
- Themes: Experiments Gone Awry,Mutants
- Tone: Creepy,Eerie,Tense
- Keywords: accident, flashback, frog, genetics, laboratory, research, space, transformation, virus, alien [not human], monster, mutant
- Language: English