Plot & Details
The Neapolitan Mafia is one of the players in this comedy thriller about how one man in particular manages to scrape up some cash in Naples at the expense of organized crime. Salvatore (Giancarlo Giannini) sets up shop in a local hospital each day to help patients and visitors find their way around. On one of his normal days, a woman named Lucella Picone (Lina Sastri) asks him to find out if her husband is in the hospital morgue -- he burnt himself to death in court to protest the abominable working conditions at his factory. Suspecting that there is something strange in this request, Salvatore cribs Picone's journal and soon deciphers the ciphers -- she is actually an "insurance" collector for the mob. Deciding to take a little advantage of his good fortune, Salvatore starts making the rounds for Picone, letting everyone know that "Picone sent me." Even he knows his good fortune cannot last forever and it does not take long for Picone to catch on to his scheme -- but how can she retrieve her journal and stop him?
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 122min.
- Director(s): Nanni Loy
- Starring: Giancarlo Giannini , Lina Sastri , Aldo Giuffré
- Themes: Assumed Identities,Cons and Scams
- Tone: Cynical,Humorous,Witty
- Keywords: hustler, collector, con/scam, double-life, impersonation, missing-person, money, organized-crime, underworld
- Country of Origin: Italy (01-12-1984)