Plot & Details
Based on the late Charles Willeford's series of hard-boiled crime novels featuring Miami cop Hoke Moseley, the Jonathan Demme-produced Miami Blues opens with the prison release of Frederick Frenger Jr. (Alec Baldwin), a deranged killer who has barely de-boarded his plane before he's killed a Hare Krishna in the airport. Checking into his hotel, Frenger meets up with Susie Waggoner (Jennifer Jason Leigh), a young prostitute with dreams of domestic life, and the two quickly become romantically involved. Meanwhile, the Hare Krishna murder case is given to Moseley (Fred Ward), a grizzled vet who vows to hunt down Frenger, but may be getting too long in the tooth for the demands of his job.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/14/2003
- DVD Release Date: 12/03/2002
- Distributor(s): Orion
- Director(s): George Armitage
- Starring: Alec Baldwin , Fred Ward , Jennifer Jason Leigh , Nora Dunn , Charles Napier
- Themes: Prostitutes,Crime Sprees
- Tone: Bleak,Cynical,Gritty,Visceral,Wry
- Keywords: sociopath, tracking [following], criminal, police-detective, prostitute/prostitution
- Country of Origin: USA (04-20-1990)
- Language: English