Plot & Details
No relation to the 1932 W.C. Fields comedy of the same name, Million Dollar Legs is a college picture starring most of Paramount's younger contract players. The college is in financial trouble, so the students pin their hopes on a race horse--the "million dollar legs" of the title. As it turns out, the college's salvation rests with its rowing team, captained by Jackie Coogan (who was once upon a time a leading-man type). At the time Million Dollar Legs was made, Coogan was married to his costar, Betty Grable. A few years later, Grable would parlay her own lovely legs into a career worth several millions.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 59min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/01/1991
- Distributor(s): New Yorker
- Director(s): Edward Dmytryk, Nick Grinde
- Starring: Betty Grable , John Hartley , Donald O'Connor , Jackie Coogan , Dorothea Kent
- Themes: College Life
- Keywords: collection, college, father, horse-racing, problems, rowing, student, team, university, winner, finances, racehorse, son, wager