Plot & Details
FBI agent-turned-reluctant beauty queen Gracie Hart (played by Sandra Bullock) is taking on both bad guys and high glamour again in this sequel to the comedy smash Miss Congeniality. After her undercover mission at the Miss United States pageant becomes public knowledge, Gracie becomes something of a celebrity, and the FBI uses her notoriety to generate positive PR for the bureau; however, Gracie would like to get back to some solid police work, especially after scuffling with fellow female agent "Sam" Fuller (Regina King), who isn't impressed with Gracie. Despite their differences, the two find themselves working side by side when two of Gracie's pals from the pageant -- contest winner Cheryl Frasier (Heather Burns) and master of ceremonies Stan Fields (William Shatner) -- fall victim to kidnappers. As she did on the first film, Sandra Bullock served as both producer and star for Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous, while director John Pasquin's credits include several episodes of the situation comedy George Lopez, also produced by Bullock.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 115min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/24/2005
- DVD Release Date: 06/21/2005
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): John Pasquin
- Starring: Sandra Bullock , Regina King , Enrique Murciano Jr. , William Shatner , Ernie Hudson
- Themes: Cinderella Stories,Hostage Situations,Kidnapping,Going Undercover,Fish Out of Water
- Tone: Bright,Easygoing,Humorous,Silly,Upbeat
- Keywords: FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation), celebrity, ceremony, federal-agent, kidnapping, makeover, showgirl
- Country of Origin: USA (03-24-2005)
- Language: English