Plot & Details
A rebellious teenage girl finds the strength to contend the pain of her parents' divorce while spending the summer in the country with her father and his pregnant new wife in this tender family drama featuring The Office's Melora Hardin. Her once-happy home shattered by a bitter divorce, 15 year old Sydney (Brittney Wilson) begins careening down a dangerous path of self-destruction. After suffering a bad case of alcohol poisoning and getting busted for stealing, Sydney reluctantly goes to stay with her father Ben (Paul McGillion) in the country. At first resentful toward Paul's new wife Emma (Hardin), Sydney's insubordination only intensifies. But the fire inside of Sydney gradually begins to quell when she strikes up a friendship with a local girl in the grip of a family tragedy, and establishes an unexpected bond with fearful mother-to-be Emma. Later, when the baby arrives, Emma begins looking forward to the future, rather than being dragged down by the past.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 99min.
- DVD Release Date: 04/26/2011
- Director(s): Anne Wheeler
- Starring: Brittney Wilson , Paul McGillion , Melora Hardin
- Themes: Fathers and Daughters,Journey of Self-Discovery,Expecting a Baby
- Tone: Bittersweet,Earnest,Stirring
- Keywords: alcohol,countryside,divorce,rebel,self-destruction,summer-vacation,teenagers
- Language: English