Plot & Details
This is one of a series of competent murder mysteries directed by George Pollock based on the Agatha Christie character, Miss Marple. Margaret Rutherford stars as the grey-haired, wily sleuth who will not give up until all the pieces of a puzzle have been neatly put in place. This time around, an old village recluse is found dead and everyone except Miss Marple believes he had a heart attack. She is suspicious because four members of the dead man's family stand to benefit from his death, especially when a highly valuable painting is added into the kitty. As she follows her instincts and logic, a few more murders eliminate the same number of suspects, and Miss Marple is compelled to lend haste to her investigation before someone else turns up dead.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 81min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/18/1997
- Distributor(s): MGM
- Director(s): George Pollock
- Starring: Margaret Rutherford , Robert Morley , Flora Robson , Charles \ , Stringer Davis
- Themes: Amateur Sleuths
- Tone: Literate,Talky,Tense
- Keywords: club [organization], detective, hermit, horse, investigator, killing, police, secrets, socialite, amateur-detective, inheritance, investigation, murder
- Language: English