'MURPH: The Protector' is a feature-length documentary based on LT Michael Murphy's life of honor, courage and commitment, as told by his friends, family and teammates. Michael was raised in Patchogue, New York, attended Penn State University and then joined the U.S. Navy to serve in the SEAL Teams. Well-known for his selflessness, Michael gave his life for his men in 2005 and was posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 2007. His legacy now lives on in this moving portrait of a real American hero.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 85min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/22/2013
- DVD Release Date: 04/08/2014
- Distributor(s): Independent
- Themes: Heroic Mission
- Tone: Earnest
Medal-of-Honor, Navy-SEAL, hero, legacy
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (03-22-2013)
- Language: English