Plot & Details
Rodney Dangerfield co-wrote and stars in this comedy about a businessman who learns that when it comes to marriage, strength is in numbers. Monte Peterson (Dangerfield) is a real estate developer whose business acumen exceeds his success in romance; after finalizing his third divorce, Monte heads to Utah, where he discovers a small town called Redwood Springs. There, Monte finds an estate for sale which would be an ideal location for a ski resort. While closing the deal, Monte discovers that there are a few strings attached -- Brother Wallace, the late owner, was a member of a little-known religious sect, and his will specifies the new owner must join the church. Monte isn't too thrilled when he's told buying the land would mean giving up tobacco, liquor, and gambling, but he cheers up considerably when he learns that the sect embraces polygamy, and that Brother Wallace's three lovely young widows -- Stephanie (Judy Tylor), Virginia (Kate Luyben), and Emily (Angelika Baran) -- would be happy to marry him. Soon Monte picks up another piece of land next door, and two more wives to go with it, Sarah (Emmanuelle Vaugier) and Megan (Anita Brown). But Preston Gates (John Byner), a crooked real estate man, has been buying up most of the town on behalf of gangster Tony Morano (Andrew Dice Clay), and soon Preston and Tony are trying to figure out a way to take Monte's new resort away from him (and his spouses) before Tony's boss Don Giovanni (Jerry Stiller) gets angry. My Five Wives also stars Molly Shannon, John Pinette, and Rob Deleeuw.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/08/2000
- DVD Release Date: 11/14/2000
- Director(s): Sidney J. Furie
- Starring: Rodney Dangerfield , Andrew Dice Clay , John Byner , Molly Shannon , Jerry Stiller
- Themes: Cults,Foibles of Marriage,Stop the Wrecking Ball
- Tone: Light,Madcap,Raunchy,Goofy
- Keywords: businessperson, cult, divorce, gangster, marriage, polygamy, real-estate, ski-resort
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-08-2000)
- Language: English