Plot & Details
Scott Glenn is H.D., a champion rodeo rider whose career is ruined after being gored by a bull. He returns home to discover things have drastically changed -- the family farm has been abandoned, his old girlfriend Julie (Kate Capshaw) is a now a widowed mother, and his sister Cheryl (Tess Harper) has put his father (Ben Johnson) in a nursing home. H.D. rescues his father from the home and returns him to the ranch. But when H.D. leaves the farm to visit Julie, his father seeks out Cheryl. Cheryl retaliates by threatening to return her father to the nursing home and sell the ranch. At this point, H.D. takes notice of rodeo contest which would give him $100,000 if he can ride four bulls for a total of 32 seconds. H.D. bonds with his father as he gruelingly prepares for a return to the rodeo to win the contest and buy the ranch.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama,Action
- Run Time: 106min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/25/1991
- Distributor(s): Samuel Goldwyn Company
- Director(s): Stuart Rosenberg
- Starring: Scott Glenn , Kate Capshaw , Ben Johnson , Balthazar Getty , Tess Harper
- Keywords: family, nursing-home, ranch, rodeo, single-parent, widow/widower
- Country of Origin: USA (03-01-1991)
- Language: English