Plot & Details
My Life with Caroline is a dizzy boy-chases-girl affair with a twist: the girl being chased is the boy's own wife. Wealthy publisher Anthony (Ronald Colman) weds dizzy socialite Caroline (Anna Lee, in her first Hollywood film), who sees nothing wrong with seeking out new boyfriends even after her marriage. Caroline thoughtfully informs Anthony that she can't make up her mind between De Valle (Gilbert Roland) and Paul (Reginald Gardiner), obliging Anthony to work overtime to win his wife back. The film is cleverly framed in a flashback, with Anthony's voiceover narration providing the audience information on a "need to know" basis. Based on the French stage farce Train for Venice, My Life With Caroline was co-produced by Ronald Colman and William Hawks (Howard's brother).
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 78min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/15/2006
- Distributor(s): RKO Radio Pictures
- Director(s): Lewis Milestone
- Starring: Ronald Colman , Anna Lee , Charles Winninger , Reginald Gardiner , Gilbert Roland
- Themes: Foibles of Marriage,Schemes and Ruses
- Tone: Humorous,Light
- Keywords: career,extramarital-affair,time,wife,boredom,bride,publisher,socialite,workaholic
- Language: English