Plot & Details
In My Life, Michael Keaton stars as Bob Jones, who has just been informed that his wife Gail (Nicole Kidman) is pregnant with their first child. However, he has also been told he has kidney cancer that has spread to his lungs; the longest Bob is expected to live is four months, which will deny him the joy of witnessing the birth of his child. Raging within, he visits a Chinese healer, Mr. Ho (Haing S. Ngor), who encourages him to let go of all the anger and fear he has kept trapped inside himself. Bob proceeds to videotape himself, on the advice of Mr. Ho, where Bob will talk to his unborn child and discuss what he has learned in life. In the process of the videotape sessions, Bob discovers that his anger resides in his past with his family, and Bob reveals secrets that he has kept hidden from himself and his wife through the years.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 112min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/15/1994
- DVD Release Date: 04/24/2001
- Director(s): Bruce Joel Rubin
- Starring: Michael Keaton , Nicole Kidman , Bradley Whitford , Queen Latifah , Dr. Haing S. Ngor
- Themes: Fathers and Sons,Facing Death,Dying Young,Battling Illness
- Tone: Bittersweet,Heartwarming,Cathartic,Sentimental,Warm,Intimate,Meditative,Reflective,Compassionate,Talky,Tearjerking
- Keywords: anger,death,family,generation-gap,greed,parent,pregnancy,reconciliation,terminal-illness,wife
- Language: English