Plot & Details
Picking up where the multitudes of late '90s/early 2000s reality-based television shows left off is the unexpectedly shocking horror film My Little Eye, from director Marc Evans. Five twentysomethings are assembled to live together for a period of six months in a house specially outfitted with a bevy of webcams in order to collect a one million prize. The one major caveat being if anyone abandons the house prior to the end of the six-month period, no one will win anything. After introducing the different characters -- intelligent Danny (Stephen O'Reilly), slacker Rex (Kris Lemche), frat boy Matt (Sean CW Johnson), good girl Emma (Laura Regan), and actress wannabe Charlie (Jennifer Sky) -- the story jumps ahead to the last few days before the scheduled end of the contest. At this point, it becomes apparent that outside forces are somehow manipulating certain events within the house, and the household is sent into chaos as one of the participants is found dead. Another participant receives an ominous note, and shortly thereafter, the remaining participants begin to realize the true intensity of their mortal peril. My Little Eye premiered at the 2002 Locarno International Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 96min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/11/2003
- DVD Release Date: 04/27/2004
- Distributor(s): Universal Focus
- Director(s): Marc Evans
- Starring: Sean CW Johnson , Kristopher Lemche , Stephen O'Reilly , Laura Regan , Jennifer Sky
- Themes: Mind Games,Serial Killers
- Tone: Creepy,Menacing,Tense,Understated
- Keywords: competition,game-show,house,reality-television,serial-killer
- Language: English