Plot & Details
Actor Yvan Attal follows up on his 1997 directorial debut of I've Got a Woman with this wry romantic comedy about a regular guy dealing with his wife's fame and career. Yvan (Attal) is a youngish sports writer who, through some improbable luck, finds himself happily married to the beautiful Charlotte (Charlotte Gainsbourg), a fantastically popular movie actress. All is going swimmingly for Yvan until a stranger plants the seeds of jealousy and doubt in his mind over his wife and her libertine profession. Meanwhile, Charlotte is in London, starring in a movie with a very seductive and sophisticated Terence Stamp. Soon misunderstandings pile upon misunderstanding until Yvan's marriage is on the verge of collapse. Can he keep his marriage together? This film was screened at the 2001 Toronto Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/12/2002
- DVD Release Date: 12/10/2002
- Distributor(s): Sony
- Director(s): Yvan Attal
- Starring: Charlotte Gainsbourg , Yvan Attal , Terence Stamp , Noemie Lvovsky , Laurent Bateau
- Themes: Filmmaking,Actor's Life,Foibles of Marriage
- Tone: Madcap,Stylish,Witty,Wry
- Keywords: English [nationality],Jewish,actor,career,jealousy,marriage,sister
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (07-12-2002)
- Language: French