Plot & Details
After wiping out half a village of native South Pacific tribesmen, Captain Bully Hayes (Tommy Lee Jones) is eventually captured, put in prison, and the rest of this swashbuckling action film is told in a series of flashbacks as he remembers the recent past. The lead-in scene may be off-putting, but its larger context is soon revealed. Hayes had just left a young couple, Nate (Michael O'Keefe) and Sophie (Jennie Seagrove) on an island so they could set up housekeeping and follow in the missionary footsteps of an uncle, when the villain Ben Pease (Max Phipps) shows up, kidnaps Sophie and leaves her husband for dead. Pease runs into a German naval officer who feels it would be advantageous to join up with him -- so when Captain Hayes saves Nate and, the two go looking for Sophie, their enemies are formidable villains indeed. Laced with humor and acting in the grand pirate-movie tradition, Nate and Hayes has enough adventure and style to stay entertaining for its 100-minute running time.
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 90min.
- DVD Release Date: 06/20/2006
- Director(s): Ferdinand Fairfax
- Starring: Tommy Lee Jones , Michael O'Keefe , Max Phipps , Jenny Seagrove , Grant Tilly
- Themes: Pirates,On the Run
- Keywords: against-all-odds,bad-guy,fiancee,good-guy,kidnapping,missionary,pirate [seafarer],rescue,sea,slave-trader,swashbuckler,white-slavery
- Language: English