Plot & Details
A beautiful but reserved criminal psychiatrist must deal with the obsessive stalking of a dangerous killer in this erotically charged thriller. The film's central tension emerges from the relationship between Dr. Sarah Taylor (Rebecca DeMornay), a highly professional psychologist, and a handsome stranger, Tony Ramirez (Antonio Banderas). After randomly encountering Tony in a supermarket, the normally aloof Sarah lets her guard down and embarks on a passionate sexual affair with the Latino charmer. Soon afterward, however, Sarah receives a series of disturbing threats from an unknown stalker. Her suspicions immediately fall on Tony, as she realizes how little she knows about her new lover. Her fear throws a shadow over their relationship, and her doubts increase as she learns more about Tony's dangerous past. Director Peter J. Hall maintains a fast pace and attempts to keep audiences guessing, introducing additional suspects from an imprisoned serial killer (Harry Dean Stanton) to the next-door neighbor (Dennis Miller). The characters rarely transcend standard thriller types, and the uneven screenplay does not have a satisfying ending, but the chemistry between DeMornay and Banderas may keep their fans interested along the way.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Horror
- Run Time: 86min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/20/1995
- DVD Release Date: 07/27/1999
- Director(s): Peter Hall
- Starring: Rebecca De Mornay , Antonio Banderas , Dennis Miller , Len Cariou , Harry Dean Stanton
- Themes: Serial Killers,Dangerous Attraction,Woman In Jeopardy
- Tone: Disturbing,Menacing,Ominous,Paranoid,Sexy,Slick,Tense
- Keywords: killing,loneliness,love,molestation,neighbor,obsession,psychiatry,serial-killer,sex,stalking
- Language: English