Plot & Details
The phrase "Loose Lips Sink Ships" takes on a new and special meaning in the cautionary British war drama Next of Kin. In grade-school-primer fashion, the film shows how careless talk can have a devastating and tragic effect in times of war, sometimes boomeranging on the "talker" in the form of lost loved ones. Extra attention is paid the gossipy "Ma" Webster (Mary Clare), whose casual revelation of troop movements, culled from a recent visit by her son, has long-ranging, fatal consequences. American critics, unmoved by the melodramatic breast-beating of Next of Kin, suggested that the film might cause viewers to swear off moviemaking rather than talking.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Action,Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller,War
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/18/2008
- Director(s): Thorold Dickinson
- Starring: Basil Sydney , Frederick Leister , Reginald Tate , Jack Hawkins , David Hutcheson
- Tone: Tense
- Keywords: Britain, Germany, espionage, war