Plot & Details
Night and Fog represents the peak of director Alain Resnais' activities as a short-subject filmmaker. Framed as a documentary, the film is an unsettling view of life inside the Nazi concentration camps of World War II. As he would in his later features (Hiroshima Mon Amour, Last Year at Marienbad et. al.) Resnais toys with chronology, with memory becoming present reality and vice versa at several critical junctures. Jean Cayrol, later responsible for the script of Resnais' Muriel (1962), wrote the narration for Night and Fog. The film was originally released in France as Nuit et Brouillard.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 32min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/18/2004
- DVD Release Date: 06/24/2003
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Alain Resnais
- Themes: Crimes Against Humanity
- Tone: Grim,Reflective,Somber,Literate,Poignant
- Keywords: Holocaust, Nazism, concentration-camp, genocide
- Language: French