Plot & Details
In this melodrama, a brilliant pianist is struck blind in an accident and stops working on his equally brilliant concerto. A wealthy woman pretends to be poor and blind to help him regain his confidence, and holds a contest with a large prize for the best musical composition. She, as the blind girl, encourages him to finish his work and enter it. He wins the prize, uses the money to have his sight restored, falls in love with the wealthy woman, and is thrilled to find that his two loves are one and the same.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 102min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/28/2008
- Distributor(s): RKO Radio Pictures
- Director(s): John Cromwell
- Starring: Dana Andrews , Merle Oberon , Ethel Barrymore , Hoagy Carmichael , Jacqueline White
- Keywords: accident, assumed-identity, blindness [physical], composer, concerto, confidence, contest, deception, identity, loot, love, music, offer, piano, romance, sight, socialite, songwriter, suffering, winner, forbidden-love