Based on a story of the same name by Dashiell Hammett, the crime thriller The House on Turk Street was directed by veteran filmmaker Bob Rafelson. Cello-playing cop Jack Friar (Samuel L. Jackson) searches for a teenage runaway on Turk Street and ends up in the home of an elderly couple (Joss Ackland and Grace Zabriskie). The house also turns out to be the headquarters for a gang of criminals who are planning a bank robbery, and Jack is quickly held hostage. When Jack is left alone with gang member Erin (Milla Jovovich), he teaches her to play the cello and the two share a mutal attraction. Meanwhile, Erin continues to manipulate gang leader Tyrone (Stellan Skarsgard), violent thug Hoop (Doug Hutchison), and inside man David (Johnathan Higgins).
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/12/2003
- DVD Release Date: 11/11/2003
- Distributor(s): Mac Releasing
Samuel L. Jackson
- Themes: Femmes Fatales,Dishonor Among Thieves,Bank Robbery,Hostage Situations
- Tone: Claustrophobic,Grim,Ominous,Racy,Sexy,Slick,Tense
bank-robbery, cello, couple, elderly, femme-fatale, hostage, police-officer, teenagers
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-12-2003)
- Language: English