Plot & Details
This is one of the rare comedies by director Gerald Thomas that does not have the words "Carry On...." in the title, and that is the first indication that the wacky, hare-brained, ribald core of the "Carry On" series is missing here. The premise is that a young couple, David and Catherine Robinson (Leslie Phillips and Geraldine McEwan), have to turn their large country house into a money-making proposition. Their solution is to invite the kids of the rich and famous, since that is where the money lies, to spend a summer enjoying all the loving care and attention they miss at home. After the youngsters arrive, David quickly realizes what the offensive little punks need is some real discipline, and so the summer begins.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 87min.
- DVD Release Date: 06/03/2008
- Distributor(s): Anglo-Amalgamated Films
- Director(s): Gerald Thomas
- Starring: Geraldine McEwan , Julia Lockwood , Noel Purcell , Irene Handl
- Keywords: Britain, Summer, camp, camping, chaos, child, couple, estate, family, home, house, land, parent, property, resort, retreat [sanctuary], wealth, attack, bad-luck, capture, colonialism